Welcome to the
This site can be used to learn whether Rayaldee® is available in your local market and to find out where you can go for further information. It will also direct you to useful educational resources on secondary hyperparathyroidism in chronic kidney disease.
Where licensed, Rayaldee® is indicated for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism in adults with chronic kidney disease stage 3 or 4 and vitamin D insufficiency or deficiency.1 Rayaldee® is a registered trademark of EirGen Pharma Ltd.
Find out more
Rayaldee® is available in:
What is secondary hyperparathyroidism in chronic kidney disease?
Characterised by excessive secretion of parathyroid hormone (PTH) and hyperplasia of the parathyroid glands, secondary hyperparathyroidism (SHPT) is a maladaptive response to disrupted mineral and vitamin D homeostasis due to decline in renal function.2,3
Why is early diagnosis and treatment of SHPT crucial?
Without prompt and effective treatment, patients with SHPT may be at increased risk of developing:
- Reduced responsiveness to SHPT therapy as a result of the parathyroid glands becoming less sensitive to vitamin D and calcium signalling3–5
- Bone and cardiovascular complications, which are linked with increased morbidity and mortality2,6–15
Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma (VFMCRP) combines Vifor Pharma’s expertise in pharmaceuticals with the skills and infrastructure of Fresenius Medical Care, the world’s leading provider of products and services for people with chronic kidney failure. Fresenius Medical Care has access to more than 329,000 patients in its global network of over 3,900 dialysis clinics. VFMCRP provides a portfolio of pharmaceutical products and innovative services addressing the major therapeutic needs of patients with kidney disease, focusing on the nephrologist as the main specialist.
Get in touch
For more information, please speak to a Vifor Pharma representative.
Please state your name and country in the email.
- VFMCRP Ltd. Rayaldee® Summary of Product Characteristics; 2022 January 24.
- Cunningham J et al. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;6:913–21.
- Rodriguez M et al. Am J Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F253–64.
- Fukuda N et al. J Clin Invest. 1993;92:1436–43.
- Gogusev J et al. Kidney Int. 1997;51:328–36.
- Rix M et al. Kidney Int. 1999;56(3):1084–93.
- Qi Q et al. Am J Kidney Dis. 1995;26(4):622–31.
- Torres A et al. Kidney Int. 1995;47:1434–42.
- Geng G et al. Osteoporos Int. 2019;30:2019–25.
- Yadla M et al. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2016;27:1285–6.
- Castro RH et al. Poster C-1002 presented at: European Congress of Radiology (ECR) 2011; 2011 March 3-7; Vienna, Austria.
- Kovesdy CP et al. Kidney Int. 2008;73:1296–302.
- De Boer IH et al. JASN. 2002;13(11):2762–9.
- Lishmanov A et al. Int Urol Nephrol. 2012;44:541–7.
- Schumock G et al. Curr Med Res Opin. 2008;24:3037–48.